I told you I was going to devote a post to you, and here it is!
first, I thought we’d start with a picture of jennifer lawrence.
Do I have your attention?
So I got the idea of creating a list of helpful hints for men compiled by the real women in my life. I had seen a list on stumbleupon or something of things women wish men knew, and wanted to make my own. So I asked 15 or so of my friends- all college age ladies, of various grades, the things that they look for in a man and the things that are an immediate turn off. They responded generously, and I loved their answers and wording so much that I left them as is for the most part. So without further ado, here they are:
What is something that wins you over immediately?
- I like when guys make engaging eye contact with me, compliment me, and come up with fun original dates.
- Nice smile, green eyes
- When a guy comes up to me and starts the conversation, and makes me laugh
- I love someone who is outgoing and not afraid to be funny or themselves in front of me. In terms of looks I like tall, dark and handsome… preferably military men 😉
- I really love if they can keep an engaging conversation on the first date, awkward silences are such a turn off and make me really nervous. I also like guys who are active and do cool things (i.e. roller skates, has a lot of hobbies). Couch potatoes are unattractive.
- I really like when the guys actually listen to what I am saying and seemed interested, care about my life and my day, etc.
- having a strong religion and faith.
- I like when guys find creative ways to have fun on dates, it makes me feel special. Being tall also helps 🙂
- a good singer! It’s also important that they have interesting things to say, if they are motivated and intelligent, if they share my political beliefs and some of my hobbies, and if they are interested in things that i’ve never been overly exposed to (like outdoorsy things or something)
- A sense of adventure! I get bored super easily so I really appreciate a guy who can think out of the box and always come up with new and exciting places to explore and things to do. Willingness to try anything–doesn’t have to like it, just has to be willing to try it.
- A man who loves to cook and is comfortable enough with his manliness to be romantic.
- They must be open-minded, caring, have a sense of humor, creative, and make you a priority. I’m also impressed with intelligence, a man who likes to read, someone who cares about their health but can live too, and someone who is well spoken and can carry a great conversation.
- A guy who is caring and not afraid to have deep talks. Who makes an effort to get to know my friends and introduces me to his friends. A guy who has good goals for his life.
- A guy who is not afraid to laugh at himself, and If he can make me laugh that’s great too
- a guy who can clean up nice and that will take me out to dinner and even pay for it
- I like when guys have blue eyes and a nice smile, for looks. But I like when a guy will come up to me and start the conversation and it helps if they are funny
- perfect teeth. Nothing more needs to be said.
What is a thing that guys do that turns you off immediately or puts him in the friend zone?
- I really don’t like when guys flirt with other girls in front if me, or completely ignore me when they are with guy friends. I also don’t like when guys say things to make me feel bad about myself purposely.
- acting differently in groups of people vs. one on one
- Someone who brags constantly and thinks too highly of themselves… confidence can be sexy but cocky is a turn off.
- The instant turn off for me is cockiness and super strong opinions with no ability to listen to other opinions.
- an instant turn off is being rude, especially if they are not rude around me but then change themselves to be rude and more “manly” around their guy friends
- no sense of humor or silliness.
- Not noticing when I am feeling down, acting different with different groups of people
- if they’re a pothead, really like videogames, if they complain constantly about things that don’t matter, if they believe in a lot of weird conspiracy theories, if they completely cannot dress themselves, if they smell bad, if they just don’t grasp life and all of its wonderful opportunities, if they treat other people unkindly, or if they’re that person at parties who gets embarrassingly drunk and everyone has to watch out for him
- If they’re just obsessed with getting laid.
- Over-confident/cocky, selfish, close-minded–I also hate guys who treat every interpersonal interaction like a business deal, like “How can I personally benefit from this/what do I get from hanging out with you?” Boys who act like you don’t exist when they’re around their bro friends are also jerks.
- not giving you the time of day, rudeness, ignorance, too needy, and just in general being a “jerk”.
- A guy who is way too clingy/controlling and guys who smoke and have a reputation of hooking up with a lot of girls
- I hate conceded guys. Another big turn off is if he is checking out other girls while with me.
- guys who are nerdy and not confident.
Someone who is cocky or is rude, someone who acts differently around their friends, and someone who is not doing anything with their lives.
You know what this means, right? I’m going to do one for the women now. So men, I’d love it if you’d message me, comment, text me, or some other form of communication and answer these questions. I have several of you in mind that I’m going to hunt down and ask, so you might as well assume that it’s going to be you, and tell me anyway. It probably won’t be my next post as I already have a few I’ve been working on- late night studying does that to me, but look for it in the near future girls!